Monday, December 29, 2008

And so it was Christmas in the world of Allyson...

Christmas went off without a hitch. Other than being up all Christmas Eve with the phantom sickness that keeps reaking...wreaking...reeking (don't know how to spell it) throughout my body. I'll blog about that later since I dont actually know what it is and I refuse to diagnose myself, lets keep it at that I was sick and awake which equals a very unrested Christmas morning. So as I dragged myself from my mom's house across town to our house, I made up my mind this was the one year I wouldn't make it to Grannie Gilbert's house. I just couldn't, too much action, too much talking, too much required conciousness.

My presents from my parents and my brother and sister-in-law were very nice and functional, which I love. I hate when people get you "filler gifts", the stuff you that make you say "Oh thats cute!" and then stick on a shelf somewhere. I need functional in my life and most importantly for my living space.

So as I was putting on my coat for the expedition to Grannie Gilbert's house (yeah, I'm a trooper...or I hate how my dad can do the guilt face at the drop of a hat), I thought 1) I'm crazy tired and b) I really do love Christmas now that I'm an adult. I really thought when I was younger that I would hate it because when you're the big person, you have to buy for everyone else. And yeah...you do, but you also get to show people how much you know about one another. When they open something that was not on their wish list (which by the way I think is weird for an adult, I'm just sayin..) they look at you and say "How did you know?". It lets you know that you did something right.

So after the crazy 3 hours at my grandmother's house, I went home and crashed. Literally. Until 8 p.m. It felt great let me tell you. So the day after Christmas I got up early to start my expedition down to Fayetteville, Georgia to see the beloved boyfriend and his awesome family. By the way, Alex got me a very nice tea-length party dress for Christmas with a necklace and earring combo to go with. I will have to post pictures later after I wear it on New Years!

As far as I know thats it. No clawing, no bad feelings, no stories of bad behavior from the holiday. If I find anything else happened, I will let you know.

Happy New Years!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hey, Allyson. I see that you've already seen what our holidays were like. Sitting in an emergency room of a major hospital in a big city on a weekend night during the holiday season with a bunch of drunks is not my idea of fun.

I liked that "went off without a hitch" part in your blog. :)

Sounds like Alex and my hubby had the same ideas for buying Christmas presents. My dress is dressy black and the necklace is pearls. How about yours?