Thursday, July 23, 2009

What have I been doing?

Crocheting dishcloths, that's what. At the beginning of the month I bought a bag full of 100% cotton yarn at Hobby Lobby with the intention of making dishcloths to sell in an antique store that my mother has a booth in. I finally got done with said dishcloths last Friday and delivered them. As of today, none of the sets have sold.

So basically I feel like I've busted hump to crunch out what I believe are really cute pieces of old fashioned kitchen necessity, and no one has yet to take a bite! They're cute colors...good and tight needlework....good at cleaning dishes for many years...

Maybe after a few more days of no bites we will re-evaluate the asking price. I will put my one semester of marketing classes to good use! Product- check. Placement-check. Promotion-check. Price- might need tweaking.

So as I'm laying here in bed in Georgia for the weekend, what am I thinking about? Crocheting dishcloths of course! I'm here for a wedding that my handsome Alex is starring in as a groomsman, and I had said that I will crochet the lovely bride some dishcloths. T-minus 1.5 days until said dishcloths are due and only two of the set of four are done and DOH!! I just remembered the twine I use to normally wrap around the sets as decoration is sitting on the table...in my house...in Tennessee. Oh well, no cute old-fashioned wrapping for this present. Maybe I'll luck up and find some ribbon around in this house in the next day. I really dont have the money nor the time to rummage around the local Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Joann's.

I hope you have all had a productive and happy July. I'm ready for it to be over to be honest.

No comments: