Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Brethren by John Grisham




As my first John Grisham book, this was a good one to pick (nevermind that it was free). If you are interested in politics and the "puppet masters" behind politicians, this is the book for you. This is one of those books where the first few chapters alternate between two different situations, then by the middle of the book you figure out how the two are linked. It's not much of a thriller, rather a thinker. Makes you think about what our politicians really believe in versus what they are told to believe in. Makes you think just how involved our government can get in your life if they want to. Makes you think about what inmates can do from behind cell bars...

I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Sounds like a book I'll read when I get home. Right now I'm in Dayton, TN for a basketball tournament. Wish I could drive over to the Boro for a visit, but doesn't look like it will happen this week.