Monday, June 8, 2009

How refreshing to find a new outlook...

This last weekend was an excellent weekend starting Friday morning. After I had an uneventful and efficient drive to Fayetteville, GA in the a.m., Alex and I made the trip to Atlanta to see the band No Doubt with my best friend Sara, her husband Chris and our very good friend Cory. Easily one of the most impressive shows I have ever seen, and it was relatively inexpensive tickets (after Ticketmaster fees- $15).

Here is a picture of me and my handsome guy, who is constantly making me smile:


My best friend Sara and I waiting for the very popular attraction at the venue, the bathroom:


The fun didn't just end at Friday night. Alex and I returned to Atlanta on Saturday afternoon to take in the wonderful animals at Zoo Atlanta. Which is the artsy name for the Atlanta Zoo... I see what they did there. Sadly, no pictures were taken, we were having too much fun watching the gorillas.

The reason to be in Atlanta all along was to celebrate the Retirement/ Graduation party for Alex's best friend's mother, Mrs. Linda Andrews, Ph.D. Before I wax poetically about this wonderful woman and the reason for this posting, one more picture of me and my guy at the Twisted Taco for the party:


Miss Linda has an outlook on life, and its basically this: Live Your Life. You will never have this moment again, so make the most of it. She intends to take every moment she has available and make sure there is something happening. We asked her what her future plans were, and just within the next 3 months she will be going on a Mediterranean cruise, doing speaking engagements for a week in Japan, graduating in August with her Ph.D., and considering a move to Quatar (yeah, the Middle East) depending on her interview for a job with the Rand Company. Did I mention she just retired from 30 years teaching and trying to convince the GA Department of Education that gifted children needed more attention?

I must add in here that she also raised two very awesome children, Lauren and Stuart who are both very successful and talented human beings.

I would take a breath if I were her. But thats the grand difference between us. She is determined to make something of every minute that God gives her, and she admits that she's still going to make as much money as she possibly can. I respect that. Money makes our lives a whole lot easier and if I can make money responsibly and according to my morals, its going to happen.

I intend to take her outlook on life and form it to fit my own situation. Things might have to be left behind, I might be uncomfortable from time to time, but I need to start living my life, especially while I am still unmarried and without children. Don't worry, I won't stop living when these life events happen. The outlook will evolve to include those new special people in my life, and they will hopefully benefit from the decisions that I make right now in my life.

Okay. Post went long. I hope you're still with me. I hope you have found your outlook on life and have achieved everything you wished and maybe even more.

I'm going to go start the rest of my life. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Sounds like a great weekend with people who know how to make the most of the time God gives them on this earth.

I love your point about making money morally. Our country would be in such a better position financially if everyone had that attitude. Well, that's enough political jargon for the day.

Hope you have a great week!