Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm still alive!

I know there's no excuse for this much of an absence from Blogger-land! I really have been busy though...

First of all, I've been working, and also looking for more work. 20 hours a week at the Career Development Center isn't enough, so I'm looking at other possibilities on campus to get more of MTSU's money. Luckily they would rather hire students for temp positions because they can get away with not giving us health insurance. The people I work with are always keeping their ears tuned for other positions around campus, and I have a couple of leads. Hopefully I'll find something for the months of July and August since the Career Center has no money in its budget to hire me for those months.

For some fun news, I found out yesterday that I was accepted to work as a Brand Ambassador for FuseTV at Bonnaroo Music Festival! This is a major event for Middle Tennessee and brings people from all around the world to listen to some top bands. I'll be working 38 hours over the 4 days, so by the time I get paid I should have a good chunk of change. Cant wait! Hope to bring you back some pics, I'm sure I'll have a most interesting time.

This summer also consists of me taking 2 classes, luckily only one of them started this week. I thought Finance was going to be a tricky subject, but as long as you have a calculator with the Finance application, life is golden. The tricky part is listening to the teacher, who's Chinese (been in America only 6 years), and very proud of his American name which is Kevin. Too funny...

So tomorrow I travel to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my handsome Prince Alex. We shall enjoy seeing No Doubt in concert along with my best friends Sara, Chris, and Cory. A cocktail party on Saturday will round off the weekend and on my way home on Sunday I will be dropping off Alex at the airport for his business trip to Anaheim, Cali. Traveling for everyone indeed!

I hope you havent missed me too much. I promise to blog sooner next time!

P.S. Karabeth- Not like you dont feel the exact same way, but I can't wait for Princess to have the much awaited for Fennec!

No comments: