Friday, November 21, 2008

Ready for the cold busy weekend!

First off I would like to mention I saw snow in Tennessee...in November. Karabeth might know a little something about how rare that is from her experience living in this area. I cant lie, I was wondering if we were going to get a snow day today, not like it would have mattered since I am no longer in public school. MTSU only closes for massive threats to campus made by freshmen who dont want to take midterms. How sad considering if we closed for snow, we would all be happy and youthful, instead of scared.

Second, I would like to say that I have officially lost a disconnected older brother and gained a friend. Brent (or Ed, whatever he goes by these days) stopped by Murfreesboro midway through his trip home from a college around Memphis. He knew that I had been stressed by some things lately that only he could understand, so he arrived very late last night and we stayed up into the wee hours talking about everything going on in our lives. Such a good guy he even treated me to breakfast before he had to head out on the road to home. Im excited that I no longer have to be jealous of all my friends who have relationships with their siblings which is something I struggled with for a loooonnnggg time.

Third, I have a boyfriend arriving today! Alex is coming in for the weekend and I have chocked it full of events. This evening, after I get off work, I will swing by to pick him up and we are rushing up to Opryland Hotel to see the ICE exhibit with my good friend Lindsay and her husband Tommy. Heres a link to the website since I cannot possibly describe how cool this looks . After this escapade, we will then continue to ramble around the Opryland Hotel which is so beautiful this time of year and maybe eat dinner at either the Hotel or Opry Mills mall which has really cool themed restaurants like the Aquarium restaurant. Cant wait!!

Tomorrow we have the MTSU football game versus North Texas which we should win (otherwise I will feel abused from what the temperature says its going to be tomorrow.) I must be vindicated by a win! Tommorow night I am hosting a bonfire to hopefully celebrate the win and get rid of wood that would otherwise just rot beside my house.

So overall, its been a pretty okay start to the weekend and I hope that it continues to go up from here!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hello Allyson,

Yep! I remember how rare snow is in Nov. in Middle Tenn. I also remember how rare it was to find a gallon of milk and other staples on the grocery store shelves after snow was forecasted! Hope you've planned accordingly. :)

Glad you had a great visit with Brent. Can't say this from personal experience, of course, but from observation I'd say it is much nicer when siblings can be friends, too.

Have a great weekend! Sounds like you've got nice things planned!

Karen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! And I loved it when it snowed in TN - everyone drove like a maniac to the grocery store. :)