Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What did I do last night?

I danced. Yeah, thats right I danced. I heard what you said Miss Karabeth and I thought of better things to do than watch tv. I knew how it was going to turn out and I was not about to stew on it in my recliner (which I eventually passed out in from exhaustion).

So I put on my work out shorts, pulled on my comfy socks and put in some old mix cd's I made when I was 13. I turned all the lights off and lit all my candles. I danced til I was out of breath, sat for a minute, then got back up and danced some more.

I think I had a positive election night. Obviously I had tired myself out so much that I woke up at 1:30 am in my recliner, a victim of sleep after sitting down to rest and check in to see the news for a minute.

I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Tonight I get to pack and get ready for my voyage to Chicago. Maybe I'll need another dance party before I go to sleep tonight.

Chicago here I come!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hi Allyson!

I'm glad you danced. My night consisted of taking the Bear to basketball practice - like most nights - so nothing seemed too different until I got home and turned on the computer. Then I made it a point NOT to read the scrolling headlines or to watch t.v. Like you, I knew what I'd see if I looked and I didn't want to see.

That doesn't make us "head in the sand" type of people. We already knew the outcome before we ever voted so I think it made us realists.

I'm just glad that Jesus is my King and He is NEVER up for re-election!

Have a good trip! I'll be waiting to see pictures when you get back.