Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Days Go On...

I can't believe we're almost at April!

Update on my Grannie Gilbert: We're starting 24 hour care now. My shift starts on Friday morning for a few hours before I go into work. She saw her doctor on Monday and he said her disease is progressing alot faster than he would have liked and suggests bringing in Hospice soon. I'm guessing this is due to the cancer spreading to the liver. Once its there it can go about anywhere in the body.

When I was visiting with her a week ago, she was talking about an odd experience she had at her church a couple Sundays ago. The pastor had informed the church of her illness the previous Wednesday when she wasnt there, and the following Sunday she was of course almost knocked down with everyone coming up to give their sympathies. More than a few people, however, had a very important task for her when she eventually did enter Heaven. They wanted her to speak to their loved ones who had already passed on. They were very sweet messages, such as "Tell Daddy that I wrote a song about him." In her infinite knowledge, my grandmother agreed as to not upset the people, but also let them know that most likely their loved ones already knew. Still, I could not imagine the burden put on her shoulders because we truly don't know exactly how everything is going to work in Heaven. We know what the scriptures say, but its not that cut and dry when we get there.

April holds some exciting things. Alex gets to travel to Texas twice for business (Yay for having a job in the event industry in this economy!) It's my last full month of the semester and hopefully will find out if I can keep my job in the MTSU Career Development Center through the summer (Economy not helping on this one). And most importantly, the birthday of my personal little Superman, my nephew Matthew, who will turn 6. Can't believe it!

Hope you are all enjoying the erupting Springtime. It's rainy in Murfreesboro, hopefully giving good watering to my tomato plant!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Tell your Grandma Gilbert that we also have a message for her. (However, our message is for her and is not something for her to deliver to others.) Tell her we love her and are praying for her.