Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back to reality...which is what it was all along come to find out.

It's been a week since my grandmother passed and it feels like it was 2 minutes ago. The services were beautiful, a good part due to the music that my father pre-recorded. Karabeth, if you are interested, I'm going to make a few copies for people who know his music or are interested in listening, some of his classics that Grannie loved such as Thank You are featured. I would be glad to send you a copy if you would like. Email me your address if you want one. :)

Here's the plant that Alex's sweet family sent for the funeral. I also got a beautiful peace lilly from the girls that I work with. I'm blessed to have so many great people in my life.
Karabeth, if you notice on the wall behind the plant is a painting that was painted by Prince Charming's mother back in 1986 I believe. Grannie gave that to me about a year ago, and I absolutely love it.

So after Saturday, I was eager to feel some sort of normal again. I had a moment of closure at my grandmother's grave site which I have to say is one of the more picturesque places. Its set on a hill in the countryside of North Rutherford county right before you get to Wilson county. The last time I had been to this spot was the day my Papa was buried, so it was a sort of homecoming for me and my cousins. You're standing on the side of the hill, and you look out and feel like you can see about 15 miles. I'm eager to go back, it easily tops my favorite places list.

Sunday I felt a little back to normal. No more getting dressed everyday, no more seeing people I hadn't seen in years (literally since the days that Karabeth lived here) and definitely no more putting up with crazy funeral directors. They cease to amaze me (side note, I know there are other funerals happening, but the flowers can wait a couple of minutes to be picked up.) I enjoyed being able to go about my business, eating dinner at Lindsay's house, and not having to be accountable to my family to my immediate whereabouts at any given moment.

So my life is officially back to normal, minus the part of my Grandmother's voice on the other end when I call her house now. I called over there the other day looking for my aunt, and Grannie's familiar "Heelllloooo" was all I heard in my head. That will take some getting used to.

Have a good day people!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I've been praying for you and your family. I'd love to have a copy of the music. I'll send you the info. in an email, as you suggested. Thank you for offering.

Anonymous said...

I love you and am glad to feed you anytime you want. Mi casa us casa Tinkerbell.