Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Im in the spirit, for now...

My brain is stuck in fast-forward mode right now, and hopefully it will save me money.

This exact time every year (since about the age of 15 when I became an aunt) I get the huge urge to start buying Christmas presents. Usually I don't have the money, and I'm not exactly sure I will have the money with the impending Chicago trip (9 days and counting), but I'm definitely making lists of what to get people. Since these people don't have blogs, I feel very sure that I can type freely on here and it not matter.

For Matthew, the ever growing 5 year old, I will do my Aunt thing and get him clothes. Big clothes, because he's huge. I will also get him materials to encourage speech, since he's still having trouble getting out the consonants to make real words. Basically anything that could possibly make him want to talk, I'll be buying. Books are a must, because the kid is addicted to them and its the only addiction that I can ever encourage.

For my darling brother, I will most likely get him luggage. Yep, luggage. He travels every week, and if he's anything like the guy I grew up with, he's still using the duffel bag he used to go on a 9th grade field trip. He might need a nice piece of luggage to carry his "Big Boy" clothes.

For mom and dad, I don't know yet. They have yet to drop the big hints on what they want. But I'm waiting, and intently listening.

For Alex, I'll probably make him something with my crocheting skills like a nice skull cap, or maybe even an afghan. I definitely need to figure out some new stitches before attempting to make him something.

Okay, enough Christmas thoughts for now. It's still October...

Happy Early Holidays!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hello Allyson,

I'm in the Christmas spirit, too. I recently got my annual Christmas savings check and have told the kids to start giving me gift ideas. I shop while my son practices basketball. I can get a lot of shopping done in 6 hours each week!

And in the spirit of giving: you've been tagged!