Friday, October 24, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

I haven't blogged in so long due to reasons including:

1) I'm in school taking 15 hours, including a rediculous Statistics course.
2) I've become much of a traveler, including an impending trip to Chicago
3) I am now involved in a long-distance relationship, thus causing number 2.
4) My dad keeps wavering on whether or not to sell the house, thus I try to keep my place clean just in case I have to pack up anytime soon.
5) I don't really have that much to say, but I will try to work on it.

So here we go. Starting regular blogging now.

To expand on number 3 reason for not blogging, Alex and I are doing great with the 5 hours between us. We have been able to see each other pretty regularly, with weddings, birthdays, and the most important UGA tailgating. We're on the homestretch of our first semester of long-distance relationship, and I would say its been much of a success. I'm still eager for Christmas break when we will be able to visit each other for longer periods of time.

By the way: Isn't it amazing that two people can basically be joined at the hip for around 7 months, then all of a sudden be miles apart and be okay with it. I guess it takes much emotional preparation. I still have moments where I wish he was just a five minute drive, instead of a five hour drive.

To expand on number 4: Dad really doesn't have a reason to move. He can still function in the house fine (his arthritis isn't that bad), and even though the divorce papers say they have to sell the house, Mom really wants him to still live there, at least til I move out of the cabin (which is also on the property). If only my aunt would quit pushing him to restart his life. If only she could realize thats the only home I've ever known and that the divorce was basically just a legal document showing what had been happening for a long time.

I guess I have more to talk about than I thought. Maybe I'll continue this next time I am at a computer for more than 2 minutes.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a lot going on in your life, Allyson. And I am so sorry about your parents. I had no idea. That must really stink for you. Hang in there.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hello Allyson!

Thanks so much for reading my blog, leaving your calling card there so that I could check out yours, and basically making contact with me.

Mercy, I feel old! I remember visiting you and your mom in the hospital when you were born which I think was on Sept. 30, 1987. How far off am I?

I'm very sorry to hear about your parents' divorce. I love them both, and also you and your brother. Tell them (and your grandma!) that I said "hi!" and that I'm praying for them.

And btw, I LOVE the haircut!

Rori Raye said...

Wow - how totally amazing that you two seem to be so steadily doing this so well - you have a lot to offer a great many women around long-distance relationships by letting us know how you're doing it...Rori